CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Baytree 8K

On this beautiful fourth of July morning, I ran the Baytree 8K ( about 5miles, 4.97 to be exact). This is the farthest race I have ran. I tried to talk John into running with me, it was a no go. We are planning on running another 5K together in August.. My goal was to finish this race in 45 minutes, which I totally surpassed. I finished in 42.46 minutes. I was so stoked. Being it was Independence Day and we are a military town, they had assigned numbers according to civilian status, active military, and veterans. I of course was assigned a veteran number for my prior service in the Air Force. Before the race started, the announcer guy pointed all this out and also stated that an anonymous donor had donated $100.00 a piece for the first male and female veteran to cross the finish line, and who do you think the first female veteran was to cross the finish line was??? Yes sirree, yours truly!!!!! I also won 2nd place for my age group.
Me approaching the finish line
Crossing the finish line
Me, my trophy, and Ben Franklin!!! Oh Yeah, Baby!

3 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Great job....I'm impressed!!!

Jennifer Johnson said...

Congratulations, that's awesome!

The Hackmans said...

Congrat's on your victory! Maybe John was just afraid you might beat him to the finish line?