CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Big B-day Party

Of course we had a party for the big man, Since Saturdays are full of soccer and football now, we opted for Friday evening for the festivities. We had a cookout and pool party. The kids had a ball. I think we had a total of 16 youngins here. We had hot dogs, chips, pasta salad, fruit and all the fixins'. Hayden was so excited he could barely stand the 3 hrs after school until the party started. I can't believe how big he is, he was such a help by setting up tables and chairs. The order of events went kind of backwards this time. We ate, did presents (Hayden couldn't take it any longer), pinata, then cake. If you haven't noticed by now the theme here is continued with Star Wars. Everything for the party was star wars and every toy he rcvd was too. What ever will Santa bring now?



His Abercrombie shirt from Papa Mike and Gma Teresa. They have style!
The one toy he wanted sooooooo bad. Papa and Gma to rescue. How do they do it each year?
Okay, so we had a pinata. It was a totally cool Darth Vader head. All 16 kids lined up to take a whack at the dark side. Hayden lands one blow to his and the thing comes apart. Normally we make it through the line once and halfway through a second time before it breaks. I didn't even get a good picture of it because I was trying to get everyone a bag for their candy.
The pinata on Laurens head
I know everyone was waiting to see what kind of cake I was going to make this time. Well, Hayden wanted Wal-Mart and I didn't need one more thing on my plate so I said, "You got it Dude!" The cake was fabulous of course, their butter cream icing is superb.
He got all 7 candles out in one breath
Nothing like licking icing off the cake decorations.
We had a wonderful time and wish you all could have been here. I think we finally sent everyone home around 10:00pm. Seven year olds really know how to party!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww! That looks like it was so much fun! Hayden is adorable! So handsome!!!! What a great party!

The Quinn Report said...

Salem is getting a Walmart cake next year too! I've learned that whatever is easier these days, works best!

I will try giving you a call again tomorrow sometime...looks like you've been super busy!
Won't you be here within the next few weeks?