CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Soccer Saturday

Lets Go Dynamites!!!
Ethan's team is on fire, hence the name! Any who, they played their little hearts out. I didn't get to watch all of it, because my U8 team was playing at the same time on the field next to them. I tried to watch some, but it wasn't easy. Once again, my boy is all about the defense. He had so many blocks they lost count. The team score a total of 6 goals and Ethan had 2 of them. He is so full of energy and loves to play. Poor little bug is soaking wet by the end of the game. He hustles so hard and sweats like a dog!!! Next week they play at different time so I will be able to watch his whole game. Thank goodness John was home and he watched Ethan while I coached Hayden. Ethan finished while Hayden had about a quarter and a half left, so at least John got to watch both of them!
What a hustler!

Check him out, he is already at the goal!

He's all business!


Below is Hayden's team the Sharks!!! I am the coach of this team and let me tell I am LOVIN' it. I am having so much fun and I have learned so much about soccer in record time. All thanks to my book, 'The Fool Proof Parents Guide to Coaching Youth Soccer' courtesy of amazon.com. You can find anything on there and I love it. I am so proud of team, the kids are improving every practice and game. We actually won this game (even though you are not supposed to keep score) the final was 7-6. One of our players Sheridan was on fire, she scored 6 of our 7 goals. I finally had to cut her off and have her sit out the last quarter of the game. She kept begging me to go back in, but I told she had hit her quota and lets let someone else have a go at it. Hayden scored the other goal. I was so proud of him. He and another boy were battling for the ball. Needless to say, the other boy fell to the ground and Hayden kicked the ball right out of his tangled legs and drove it to the goal. I ran on the field and picked him up and threw him in the air. Okay, I almost threw my back out, the boy is not light. It was awesome!!!


There's me doing my coaching thang!!!



co

3 comments:

Fox Family said...

Way to go Coach!! You are much braver than I! I can't imagine trying to coach with my expertise!

The Gilbert Crew said...

Expertise...not much, but all the kids want to do is scrimmage anyway. So it all works out!

The Quinn Report said...

I love soccer and can't wait until Salem is old enough to play (she loves to dribble the ball around already!).

Okay, I played my ENTIRE life, and I don't even think that I would want to coach kids soccer....you're crazy!