CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A visit from the Rudds

My dad and stepmom came to visit us in late August from Kansas. They left to plain state to come weather out Tropical Storm Fay with us. They arrived Thursday evening around 9:00pm and by midnight the storm was here. We are very fortunate they made it in before the winds got too high. Friday Kathy , Abigail and I all went shopping, yes in the storm. A little rain and wind doesn't scare us. However, while we were eating lunch at Cracker Barrel the Taco Bell sign next door blew down. That was all Abigail could talk about for the rest of the weekend. Especially when it made the paper and grandma showed her the pictures. It continued to rain all day Saturday too, so we headed north to Andersonville GA. There is a Civil War POW museum there. You can also tour the cemetery and the POW camp. The museum was awesome and I couldn't even imagine what it must have been like for any of them. How awful! By Sunday the Fay finally blew through and the sun came out. We spent most of that day by the pool. We had a great visit and can't wait to see them again. By the way dad, you forgot you pecan divinity here, but no worries I took real good care of it. Yes sir, it was gooooooood!
Daddy on the way to Andersonville.
They had a row of cute little antique shops there in the historical part of town. One had a little diner in it so we ate lunch there. It was the best BBQ sandwich I have had in a long time.

Me and my daddy.
Who knows what he is doing.
Grandma Kathy enjoying her diet coke
A meeting of the minds.
A recreation of part of the prison walls
A memorial
Part of the cemetery


2 comments:

Fox Family said...

Well, now we can't top a tropical storm when they come visit us!! That sounded pretty exciting--I know my mom had never seen anything like that! It looks like everyone had a great time!
Love,
Amanda

Lisa Giefer said...

Happy birthday Hayden!!! I was beginning to wonder if you guys fell off the bottom of the earth.
Tommorow I have my gallbladder taken out ugh!!!!!!!!!!