CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Daddy!

Today is my WONDERFUL Husbands 42nd birthday. I have to give him props because, he doesn't look a day over 35. Anyhoo, we are having a wonderful day so far. We went to church this morning and had a great frozen pizza lunch. You know me I pull out all the stops for my man!!! His big dinner is tonight. I am grilling him steak (which has been marinating since this morning), shrimp, and asparagus. We are having salad, yummy sourdough bread, and potatoes. We did go ahead and cut the cake after lunch. I made the cake yesterday and the kids have been salivating over it ever since. It is the very first cake I have ever made with fondant. My friend Heidi found a great marshmallow fondant recipe. It is very yummy and easy to make. I was pretty excited about the way the cake turned out and John thought is was totally awesome. He was very impressed and I got quite a few hugs and kisses for it too! SHHHHH!
Big Daddy's birthday cake
Everything you see on the cake is completely edible
Daddy making fun of us singing Happy Birthday, he would be great on American Idol!
I decided to use a number 4 candle and two single candles instead of 42 single candles, so the cake would not catch on fire.

Everybody dug in for a loop of the bow.
John is so hard to buy for, he has practically everything he needs or wants. I was able to come up with a few things. We got him a digital picture keychain, so he can look at his beautiful family anywhere he is, and a new pair of slacks for church.
We are going to Disney next weekend, so of course he needed a new Mickey shirt to sport.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday John! You still look like you are in your twenties!
Hope you have a great day!
Angie, John's birthday cake is awesome! You did a fantastic job! You take after your great-great Grandma Who Who. She was a cake decorator for Sally Ann Bakery in Parsons, KS. and she made all of our birthday cakes. Now you can take over for her.
Love ya, Mom & Mike

The Quinn Report said...

Gosh, he does look a lot younger than he is! What is his secret? I want to look that good 17 years; but only the female version!

Fox Family said...

wow ang, that cake is awesome !! i need that recipe, thanks for coming and visiting my new blog, i'm having lots of fun with it !

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday John! Your cake looks unbelievable...I wouldn't even know where to begin. I think you should think about starting your own business! :)

SpaGirl said...

Angie
NICE cake sister! You're already a pro! And dinner sounds good too.