CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's not the short Bus!!!

I always said my kids would NEVER ride the bus. Well, guess what? On Tuesdays and Thursdays they ride the bus home. I always ridiculed the parents who lived three or so blocks from the school and you would see them sitting in their cars at the bus stop waiting for the bus to pick up their kids. I was like come on, drive your lazy butt the extra 1/2 mile and drop your kid off at the door. I do however believe I have a good reason. They get out of school at 2:30pm and that is right in the middle of Abigail's naptime. So, instead of having to wake her up or try to put her in the car still asleep, knowing that as soon as the boys get in they will wake her up anyway, I decided it would be okay if they rode the bus two days a week, so she would only have to nap later 3 days out of the week. Believe me it killed me to say okay to this. They were very excited though! Oh, did I mention the only reason they are on there is because one the boys in our neighborhood, who is 3rd grade but looks like he should be in 5th, rides the bus and loves Hayden and Ethan, so I know he would look out for them.
John always says the bus will be great for them and that he used to ride the bus his whole school career. So who knows who long they will be on there, cuz ya'll know John ain't quite right!
Big man Ethan, he's barely taller than the bumper

Hayden bypasses Dad and heads to kitchen for his snack. A boy has to have his priorities you know!

No comments: