CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Mr. I can tie my own shoes now!!!


Yea!!! The day has finally come! Hayden can now tie his own shoes. After 10 minutes of intense training last night with dad, we are flying solo. He was so proud of himself and we were estatic.

Before school started we went shoe shopping and Hayden saw a pair of Orange Nikes at the BX that he just thought he couldn't live without. Dad happened to be with us during the excursion and the price tag on the shoes was 55.95. Now mama would have just bought them and walked out of the store, but daddy chimed in with "Well...." and I knew they were a no go for today. So I made Hayden a deal, when he learned how to tie his shoes we would buy him the 55.00 shoes,as he referred to them, as a reward. He was all for it and gungho about learning for about oh, 5 minutes. A month or so had passed and no progress had been made on the whole shoe tying ordeal. John and I were in the BX again looking for who knows what and what did my eyes happen to see. The 55.00 shoes on sale for 50% off. Oh my, could this be happening, am I really going to get a great deal? Of course not, they didn't have his size. John and I even walked ourselves back into the storeroom to look. They had only one pair left and the were a size 4, Hayden needed a size 1. Well I bought them anyway, his foot will only grow bigger you know.
Now here is the real kicker, I have been pining for a pair of Nike+ running shoes. For those of you who do not know what those are, they are shoes that have a sensor(purchased separately of course) that fit into a cut out space under the shoe sole that relays info through an Ipod nano(need one these too) to your headphones of current pace, distance, miles to go, etc. You can even download it on your computer. It is totally awesome. When I pulled his shoes out of his closet today, so we could surprise him when he got home, I opened the box and found a Nike+ brochure. I thought to myself no way, but oh yeah, yes way!!!!! Hayden's orange 55.00 shoes are NIKE+ RUNNING SHOES. I only wish I could wear them.


The bad boys, up close

3 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Sweet kicks! Unfortunately, I'm unable to wear Nike's. Something about the way their constructed and the way my feet are shaped, don't mesh well. I've wanted to buy the shoe/ipod gadget too, but will have to wait until Aasics come out with such a thing.

So, are you going to buy Hayden an ipod now to wear with his kicks?

The Gilbert Crew said...

He would totally love that. He does have an mp3 player, we are starting with baby steps. He has already started his list for next Christmas, I am sure an ipod will be on there in due time. :}

Anonymous said...

Nice post!! Well, I like those silver stuff Nike shox shoes.