CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Redecorating 101

Goodbye laminate, hello Corian.
We are doing a few home renovations around here and started with the kitchen. I was able to convince John that when it comes time to sell our home it would show much better with new updated countertops and backsplash. After a few months of convincing and find the killer deal at Home Depot, I got my way. We, being the money savers we are, pulled out our old countertops ourselves. The men came on a Friday morning and were finished about 5 hrs later. The countertops are awesome and Hayden loves how soft they are.
John and I searched for a week or two trying to find tile for the backsplash. After buying and taking back over $50.00 worth of samples, we fell in love with a stone from the local carpet center here. We have 4x4 squares and 2x4 sheets. The 2x4 come as a sqft sheet which makes them really easy to put together. The stone came straight from Turkey..oohlala. John and I did the backsplash ourselves. It was a lot fun, he was the tile cutter and I was the goo person. We did the 2x4s on the bottom and the 4x4s ran as a border all round on the top. We did run the 4x4s straight through over the stove and fill in above it with 2x4s to the top of the hood. It only took us two afternoons to put up all the tile and grout it. I absolutely love it. I feel like I have a whole new kitchen!
Countertop Removal

TA DA!!!!!!


Oh, did I mention my sink? I have the integrated Corian sink. I absolutely LOVE it and my new faucet. I don't think my kitchen has ever stayed so clean. I totally recommend the integrated sink to anyone and everyone, it is so gorgeous.



4 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Wow! You two did such a great job! Don't you just love doing your own projects like that?

So, is your hair still dark? What does John think of it? It looks lighter in the pictures with your girlfriends.

The Gilbert Crew said...

It is still dark, I took those pics before, but was just lazy on posting them! John does like my hair, but he likes to joke about brown haired girl vs. blonde haired girl and when he doesn'yget his way he always asks when blonde haired girl is coming back. :}

I do love doing home projects like that. My next big one is to install a closet system in our closet.

Lisa Giefer said...

Hey Angie
I want to archive my slide show. But not sure how. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.