CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 23, 2007

How many cakes does a girl need?

I can answer that question. A birthday girl needs two cakes! On my kids' first birthdays I have always made them their own special cake that goes along with the theme of the party. Hayden had a big Elmo face, and had Papa and Grandma's house not burned down, I am sure we would still be cleaning the red icing out of the grout and the blinds 5 years later. Ethan had a big Mickey Mouse head, which by the way we wised up and moved the cake festivities outside for him. So Poodle gets the same treatment. This is her first cake that everyone else gets to eat. Yes, yes, it is the famous Wal-Mart chocolate cake. Would you expect anything less...it's the best cake ever!


Cake #1


What and Why are these people singing?




Big breath in and blow out






AHHHH..... Cake #2
I made this cake from scratch all by myself. Ok, well I used a box cake mix, but I cut out the design, made the frosting, dyed the large marshmallows, and carefully cut the licorice to size. This was such a fun cake to make and why not make a poodle cake for a little Poodle. She was very prissy when easting her cake. She did not make a mess and the clean up wasn't too bad. When she was finished eating marshmallows, she simply pushed the cake away. We tried to give it back to her, but she pushed it away again. It was absolutely precious.

He just wants some of my cake!

Everybody is stealing my marshmallows !!

Oh yeah mom, these are good!!




I'm all done now, thank you!

They were like a bunch of vultures. Plus, they had just finished the other cake. Pigs!!!!


No comments: