CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Early Morning Doctor's Visit

Not too long after I dropped the boys off at school this morning, I made an unexpected trip to the doctor. Abigail was trying to climb onto the couch and lost her balance fall backwards. She turned her her at just the right time to smack her head right on the corner of the coffee table. I can't tell you how many times this child has fallen and hit this thing with nothing but a small bump or bruise. This time I guess all the stars were aligned or something, because BAM! blood started flowing and she started screaming. I was standing right there and immediately scooped her up and applied pressure with a towel. I called my friend down the street because by this time I am really freaking out. It won't stop bleeding and I couldn't see how bad the cut was. It did finally stop gushing so we could assess the damage. It was easy to see something needed to be done, so I called our doctor. Of course, he was in with a patient so I had to talk to the receptionist. I told her of the situation and she informed that Dr. Hogan had a golf tournament to be in at 11:00am and their waiting room was full so he would not be taking anymore walk-ins.
ALRIGHT, STOP THE PRESS!!!!
I had to clean my ears out because I know I didn't hear her just tell me he was going to a golf tournament, therefore Abigail's injury could not be attended to! I put it in terms she could understand that she needed to go tell Dr. Ben who was on the phone and that it was Abigail we were talking about. I mean really do they not know who she is!!! She quickly returned and told me to come right in. So, off we went. We arrived soon after and was taken immediately to the back where Dr. Ben and Nurse Shelly glued her gash back together with dermabond. It wasn't that wide, but it was pretty deep. He gave her a hand full of M&M's and we were on our way. He informed us next time to just call and say we are on our way regardless of what the receptionist says!





As you can see, she is still as gorgeous as ever and in a great mood. Of course, my first question to him was how big of a scar is this going to leave. How vain right? Well, he said he would be tiny if any!! Yippee!


1 comment:

The Quinn Report said...

Poor pretty baby and mommy! I bet you were scared as all hell....well, maybe not, you have been through probably so many worse situations with the two boys. Still, seeing your child hurt is the WORST feeling in the world. I can imagine what you were going through.

We need to catch up again. We'll be out of town this weekend, but I'll try to call you mid-next week. Can't wait to hear your cheerful voice!