CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

St. John's Road Race

Saturday was the the annual St. John's Road Race 5K here in Valdosta. Heidi and I ran it together again. It was a great course to run. The weather was perfect, 64 degrees with a light breeze. There were over 400 people in this race. Talk about scary. I had butterflies like you wouldn't believe. The greatest part was the last 3/10 of the last mile. There was a guy who I had been pacing and finally decided to pass. Shortly after I passed him, he was right back at my side. We turned the last corner and started down the home stretch to finish line. Mid way down there was a lady with a microphone cheering everyone on and giving updates about who was coming through...blah blah blah. So she could obviously see we were somewhat battling it out and started yelling over the microphone, "Don't let the boys beat the girls! Don't let the boys beat the girls!" So, he and I ended up in a dead sprint toward the finish line. My legs were moving so fast I couldn't even feel them anymore. Of course, I WON!!!!!!
I finished 101 overall and #3 in my age group
The kids awaiting mommy's finish.
My official time was 26.38.7
There is me crossing the finish line...You can see the boy who thought he could beat me eating my dust. My two bugs were cheering me on!
My time was improved from my last race (28.06)
Heidi finished at 27.14, also an improvement from our last race. This is a horrible picture of me, but that's about how I felt!

2 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

Good for you...that is great!!!! I wish I was there to run races with you. I love doing 5k's!

Jennifer Johnson said...

Your new nickname is Speedy! You are FAST!