CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Timberland Jubilee 5K

This morning I jumped my happy bottom up out of bed at 6:15am to head off to my first ever 5K race. My friend Heidi and I loaded up our power breakfast banana, water, nervous jitters, and took off to Homerville GA. The turn out was decent and as a I looked around at all the girls there, I started getting nervous. They all had dressed for the part and looked confident. When race started we took off at a decent pace, of course about 5 guys just took off. We had ran probably about a mile when I noticed the big pack of ladies who looked like they were ready to tear up the pavement getting farther and farther behind us. We were very grateful to see the midpoint and knew we were almost done. My pace started to pick up and Heidi slowed down just a little to catch her breath. As I rounded the last turn I could see the finish line and kicked it into high gear. I hadn't ran so fast since high school track. My legs felt like they may fall off at anytime. I crossed the finish line and was handed a card with my time and place finish of the race. Can you believe it??? I ran that thing in 28.06 and finished 10th overall. There were some guys who finished after me too!!!!!! Heidi came in right after me at 28.33. I finished #2 overall for females and 1st in my age division. I even got a trophy. Heidi finished 1st for her age group too!
Heidi and I with our trophies



1 comment:

Jennifer Johnson said...

Congratulations! You did GREAT!